02 December 2010

World Aids Day

World Aids Day was yesterday and I really had to reflect on the what it meant to me. When I was home, I use to volunteer with my local Aids Foundation. I did the Aids Walk in my city 3 years in a row. I'm passionate about this cause. I have a very close friend that is living with the disease and so I felt I needed to contribute in some way. I definitely don't do enough. I definitely want to do some volunteering  with an Aids Charity whilst in London. But anyways, just remember those that are living with the disease and those that have died from this disease. Get tested and be careful. Don't hold any prejudices. Get educated and know that a hug, a kiss or holding hands with someone with this disease will not infect you. It's 2010 and I hear people this very day saying that you can catch HIV/AIDS by kissing someone. It's too much information out there to be ignorant. As for me, I know my status. Hope you know yours!!

No comments: