03 December 2010

The Wedding of the Decade!!

Am I the only one excited on this side of the of the ocean about the royal wedding?? I think I might be! My American friends over here really don't give a crap. But I can tell you that my mom back at home is super excited and so are my friends back in the States. It's not that I think the British are over the royal family as it is that they see royal weddings, pomp and circumstances and all that jazz all the time so although they are excited, they are not as super excited as their American cousins. Well at least the ones I know!
William and Kate are getting married in April. I am soooooo going to be at Westminster Abbey. I'll be outside, waving the British flag, dressed like an Eskimo(because I'm sure it's still going to be cold) and cheering! I really can't wait. I remember watching Princess Diana and Prince Charles getting married. It was on every t.v. station in the the States and I remember watching, thinking how elegant and pretty Princess Diana was and how blah I felt about the Prince! But Prince William seems to be well liked here and Kate Middleton has the unfortunate position of being compared to Princess Diana at every moment. Poor thing! Well since William is off the market, I can still try for Harry! Hey look, it can be a black princess or queen!! For all of those out there that don't know....Queen Charlotte was of African origin. Look her up so it's not like it's that far fetched! Cheers!!

No comments: