05 January 2011

Heading Back To Londontown!


My time at home has come to an end and I must head back to London. I've had the time of my life at home. It was soooo good to be here with my family and friends. But I have to admit, I miss London. As homesick as I was, I'm anxious to get back and get started with school (Dissertation!!) and maybe finding a job....or maybe not! LOL! Oh and traveling. This term I'm going to travel. It's too inexpensive for me not to!

I saw some of my old friends, made up with a friend, partied on New Years, drank, ate way too much and exercised too little, kissed my 3 year old nephew until he ran from me, drank again, had long talks with my mom, drove around in my car on the RIGHT side of the street. I wasn't stalked by pigeons and strange African men. I saw sunshine, felt warm weather, saw CLEAR, blue skies! Watched the Arkansas Razorbacks lose to Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl (sadness), heard southern accents, felt southern hospitality, and saw warm smiles. I didn't see the ex boyfriend (YAY), I didn't do "adult" things while at home (don't know if that's good or bad), got some cool Christmas gifts and heard gunshots at midnight on New Years which is customary around here. Watched American soaps (which in my opinion are waaaay better than English soaps and far more entertaining), watched American sports and trashy American reality shows (I'll have to catch Basketball Wives online). Seeing my state on international news about the birds falling from our skies, the fish washing ashore and the tornadoes that killed several people has been a downer but all in all, it's been really good to be here. But I am ready to get back to London. It's still so much for me to see and do while I'm there and I'm ready to experience it all!






See ya across the Atlantic!!

1 comment:

Sunshine Builder Freedom Dancer said...

I just started following your blog, and it's fantastic. I'm looking for Mocha Mamas on the Move and you're def one of them :) I have been in Ecuador for 1 1/2 and I just went back to the statesfor the first time two weeks ago. I was anxious to go visit, then got anxious to come back, and now I don't know how I feel about the US or Ecuador lol. Home is where the heart is and there are pieces of my heart in both locations... Good luck readjusting back to your London life :)