10 December 2010

Where Are All The Cute Boys????



Soooooooo one of the first questions I was asked when I first came to London was what are the men like? And my answer is..........................................................................................................................
Yep, dating in London SUCKS for me. But I'm glad it's not just me because some of my classmates have conveyed to me that their dating life sucks here too. And these are BEAUTIFUL girls with accents that sound alot sexier and more exotic than mine! I've been out on some dates with a couple of guys. Even kissed a few guys. I'll just stop you right there though. So anyways, I've liked some people. Still like someone here as a matter of fact. I'll just call him Mr. X.  Mr. X from the motherland of Africa. Strong, tall, dark, super super cute and an asshole. Yes Mr. X and I went out several times and hung out and I liked him and still do but he was a little too arrogant for me. Mr. X conveyed to me that girls in London chase him and he's not use to someone like me. I told him that I'm an American southern woman and we don't chase. We get chased. Mr. X didn't believe me. So I showed Mr. X better than I could tell him. I didn't talk to Mr. X for a couple of weeks. Then as of last week, Mr. X has been blowing my phone up with calls, texts and has sent me skype messages. Today I get a message saying, "I miss my American girl. Please come back to me."  I was like awwwwwwwwwwwwwww Mr. X! It made my heart melt. Truly. But I'm kinda over him to be honest. He's in law school and busier than me and again, I can't really overlook his arrogance. Then Mr. D. Oh my word....I thought I was going to have to call Scotland Yard on this fool. Mr. D is an American. Attractive, no kids, never married and is in a very good profession. I wondered why he was available. I figured it out. He's a looney bin. Yes, Mr. D is crazy as hell! I can't really get into all of the crazy things this young man did but let's just say, it was something I had never experienced before. Well not with someone I only went out with 3 times. But he's blocked from my emails and my phone and I hadn't heard from him in 5 days so I'm doing pretty good.

I came to London thinking some good looking Englishman with an accent like Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice was going to sweep me off my feet. Nope hasn't happened. But I'm still optimistic because I have until 2012 to make things happen with some cute boys. I noticed that the Englishmen are very very reserved and shy. I get looks and stares from them but the only ones that approach me are the aggressive African brothas (and trust me, I like the Africans boys), or crazies like Mr. D! I'm still optimistic though. London has alot of good looking men of every race and culture and they seem very focused on their careers or schooling and I like that. So when I get back to London in January, I'll get back out there and see what the dating scene is like. But for now, I've got to finish my essays! Ciao!

11 comments:

American Black Chick in Europe said...

Ah the Englishmen aren't as, um direct as my American brethren. Most of the English women I know approached the guys...or just waited until they were good and liquored up.

LRGirl said...

ABCinEurope, yeah I figured I'd have to wait until they are liquored up but that turns me off! So I guess I'll get my approaching skills together because right now, it ain't happening!LOL

Unknown said...

I am going to London next fall to take classes and maybe an internship. was kinda hoping I would be able to find a sexy man with an accent so I can move to London and have babies but I see that might not be happening. But I also love the Africans and have dated a few and they are very aggressive and controling be careful I have had my share of crazies.

LRGirl said...

iMel Amour, when you get to London, hopefully your dating experience will be much different than mine. I've only been here for 3 months so I still have time to find a cute and SANE man with a sexy accent! lol! Well I hope!

Ann said...

Funny stuff doesn't seem you like you are having a hard time there for 3 months. I will be studying in Rome next year and I hear the Italian men are much more aggressive then how you describe the London boys. I will keep you posted on how that goes. I am pretty sure if you have everyone screaming "Bella" you will feel like Beyonce in Rome. The hard part is probably who to believe when you have too many choices. Maybe you should make the trip to Rome. Will let you know how it goes for me. - Ciao!

LRGirl said...

Ann, good luck with studying in Rome! That sounds like a dream! I have heard Italian men are very aggressive and you're right, I should definitely take a trip there! **marking Italy on my list**

Ann said...

Thanks. Well being from New York City "Aggressive" is my middle name. Hopefully that will help to be able to get through the crowd. Yes, add Rome to your list let me know when you are on your way down when back in Europe. Ciao!

Anonymous said...

"I told him that I'm an American southern woman and we don't chase. We get chased. Mr. X didn't believe me. So I showed Mr. X better than I could tell him."

^^^^^Aaaahahaha...if that ain't ME.
The boys here are too arrogant and BOLD, I can't stand it. They assume I'll fall in love bc of the accent? Umm...no sir! :/

I just found your blog and we have too much in common, it's scary. I'm from Arkansas and just moved to London in Sept. for grad school. And oh yeah, I'm obsessed with Cheryl Cole too!! lol. We should meetup one day!

LRGirl said...

Seriously, you're from Arkansas? How awesome is that! Yes, we need to meet! Do you have email?

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm from Hamburg....waaaaay at the bottom of Arkansas. lol! But all my fam lives in Conway now. Here's my email: christian.moseby@gmail.com

LRGirl said...

So sorry about the late response Christian! I sent you an email! Cheers!