06 December 2010

There's No Place Like Home



Our native son, former president Bill Clinton


I'm going home on Christmas Eve and I CANNOT wait! I haven't been home since September! Don't get me wrong. I love London. I really do but it's not home. It's not America and it's certainly not Arkansas. Ah my Arkansas....how I miss thee! The land of sunshine, tornadoes from March to September, Arkansas Razorbacks (who's going to the Sugar Bowl by the way!!!), barbecue, 100+ degree temperatures for weeks in the summer, tall cotton fields, the home of beautiful lakes and rivers and some of the friendliest and beautiful people on earth. The home of the mighty Arkansas River, the famous and only natural diamond mine in the country, the birthplace of Johnny Cash, Scottie Pippen, Billy Bob Thorton and of course former president Bill Clinton. Where people who aren't even sports fans are proud of our Razorbacks! The land where football is king. Whether it's little league or college. The birthplace of WalMart! Yes, you shop at Walmart. I know you do. The place of good old fashion southern cooking! The land where people make eye contact and say hello and they don't have to know you. The place that if you need to cut in traffic, someone will let you and even WAVE at you! I miss Arkansas so much. The friendliness and warmth of her! When I was home, I was bitching everyday to leave now my heart longs for her and can't wait to see her again.

2 comments:

Elodie said...

You have such a lovely way of describing AR..almost makes me want to stay here but...HELL NO!!!lol

LRGirl said...

LOL! Elodie, you're worldly so you really don't belong in Arkansas anyways! LOL