10 July 2011

L is for LOSER, LOVE and LONDON!


I feel ashamed dear readers. I have been a loser! All 5 of you out there have been waiting patiently for me to update my blog. You have written, you have complained and I have listened to your pleas....I shall keep it updated regularly for you from now on...(well actually, no one has said a word about me updating my blog and all of that was generated in my tiny little brain).

At any rate, let me update you on my life right now.....I have left my beloved London but just temporarily! Very temporarily! London was becoming quite expensive, school was over and I was burnt out on that beautiful and great city. I was homesick for my family, friends, American food and American foolishness. So right now, I am home. Back in the Natural State of Arkansas! Wooooooopiiiiigsoooooooie!

Right now, dissertation work is to be completed. Please do not ask me about mine. It doesn't exist. When my classmates from Uni ask me, I go into a temporary shock or pretend I do not speak English. I know nothing about a dissertation at this time.  In fact, I feel a shock wave coming through my brain right now so let me divert. My focus is to move again and to find a job. Yes my dear and devoted readers...I am moving again. My love (my guy) is heading back to his homeland, the Tar Heel State (North Carolina for those who didn't know like I did) and I shall go where my love goes. But he understands that London is deeply embedded in my heart and that I will return to visit and he wants to see London and Edinburgh too.

I do not see myself living in London again unless I have some major money. How people make it there is beyond my understanding. But people do. I miss London so much. After being home for a couple of months, I wish I had appreciated that beautiful and glorious city more whilst there. But I can't regret the time I DIDN'T devote and just remember the time I DID devote to my beloved adopted home.

I forgot to mention that I went to the Royal Wedding festivities! That was fun! Met some cool Canadian chicks, some drunk English boys that were so freakin obnoxious that I got a MAJOR black girl attitude with one. Got into a heated argument with my friend Monica because I had the nerve to be late in meeting her, tried to sleep on the cold ground overnight in peace and was irritated that people couldn't hold their excitement for a few hours and shut the hell up! I drank, laughed, hallucinated a little and thought I saw Jennifer Aniston amongst us commoners but people kept telling me that wasn't her. I also didn't really think I was short (I'm 5"7) but being in that crowd and not seeing anything because everyone else was taller than me caused me to miss out on alot of stuff and made me feel very short. BUT I did see William and Kate walk on to the balcony of Buckingham Palace and kiss! It was dreamy!


This was at the Royal Wedding! I bought this for like 3 pounds. Brilliant!


Royal Wedding Madness


Royal Wedding Madness

My friend Dawn came to visit me my last week there and I fell in love with London all over again. I had to show her the typical sights and it made me appreciate how beautiful the city is!




I can't wait to visit again. I still have traveling to do. My next stop is Paris! Viva La Paris! But in the meantime, I will continue to hold close to my heart the beautiful memories of London and know that I shall see her again soon.







Cheers!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

Welcome back!!!!

LRGirl said...

Thank you darling!

Anonymous said...

Congrats T, you should follow your dreams and your heart, I am proud of you in whatever you do, good luck..krucks

LRGirl said...

Thank you hon!

Unknown said...

Welcome back, lady! I am so happy that you went through this experience and I bet you've changed significantly cos of it. I wish you all the best with your dissertation and future endeavors :D

Also found it funny that though you've been across the world, you found love with an American boy haha! XD